REASON TO GET YOUR ANIMAL REGULARLY GROOMED
To keep your dog looking well and if it is pedigree to have the hair in style appropriate to that bread.
The animal will benefit from the following precautionary aspects of grooming
The groomer takes the following precautions to help prevent the from developing ear infections
1) Cleans out the ears of wax and dirt.
2) Plucks out any hairs growing in the ear where ear mites may live.
3) Puts cotton wool in the ears when washing to prevent water entering and causing infection.
4) Scissors away any hair surrounding the ear to help air circulate freely therefor helping the ears to stay healthy.
1) Clips nail prevention a) ingrown dewclaws leading to infection b) Lameness from walking on nails that are too long
2) Removes hair between pads which can lead to infection and lameness
The groomer helps to keep the skin healthy by
1) Removing parasites like fleas and ticks that the owner may have missed
2) Removing mats and dirt that could irritate the skin.
Because of the precautionary grooming and being mat free and clean your animal will naturally feel more comfortable.
A clean animal around the home is far more hygienic for the owners.